What is a Quick Title?
A Quick Title is a certificate of ownership for your vehicle or boat that you can get immediately at our office or by mail. It’s much faster than a standard title, which can take 4-8 weeks to arrive in the mail.
What does it cost?
The Quick Title fee is $85.50 for registered owners ($35.50 for a new title plus $50 for the Quick Title). The fee amount varies when transferring ownership. Other fees and taxes due at the time of the transaction may apply.
Are they available for all vehicles or boats?
Yes, with a few exceptions. Quick Titles aren’t available for:
- Vehicles or boats reported as stolen.
- Insurance or wrecker destroyed vehicles and boats.
- Vehicles with a ”WA rebuilt“ brand on the title.
Quick Titles are printed at the time of the transaction and are available for vehicles and vessels either:
- In-person at Alpine Licensing
- By mail (All registered owners must sign a lost title affidavit and include a prepaid envelope with a tracking number.)
General Guidelines and Restrictions
- All documents must be in compliance with Washington laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Quick titles must be accompanied with the appropriate documents and fees, including the Quick Title fee.
- There is no limit to how many Quick Titles can be obtained per day.
- We cannot approve a Quick Title over the phone.
- Quick Titles for a name change cannot be processed with a Power of Attorney unless it is specified in the Power of Attorney.
- Quick Titles cannot be issued to a Wrecker or Insurance Destroyed vehicle when the Quick Title is the first title to be issued.
- Quick Titles cannot be issued to a vehicle requiring a WA Rebuilt Flag.
- We cannot override fees or inventory.
- Refunds are not issued for Quick Title transactions.
Quick Titles are processed on a case-by-case basis. The above information is a general overview. If you feel you need a Quick Title or just want your title in-hand the day of your transfer please don’t hesitate to come in so we can examine your paperwork. Unfortunately we are unable to approve a Quick Title over the phone, but please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.