Useful Links/Information

Washington State Patrol

525 156th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425) 401-7788
View Map

Driver’s Licensing/Examining Offices (by appointment only)

7225 170th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
(425) 649-4281
View Map 

Currently Closed: 402 Main Ave S, Ste 11
North Bend, WA 98045
(425) 888-4036
View Map 

1314 Union Avenue NE
Renton, WA 98059
(425) 277-7230
View Map 

Other Helpful Links

Online Internet Tab Renewal
Access Washington
Seattle Monorail and RTA/Sound Transit
Department of Licensing Forms
Department of Transportation
Issaquah Chamber of Commerce

Frequently Asked Questions

Which vehicles need an emission test?

  • As of January 1, 2020 emission testing is no longer required.

Can my family member or friend renew or pick up my tabs?

Friends and family of the registered owner can renew vehicle and vessel registrations on behalf of the owner if they:

  • Provide written authorization from the registered owner (does not need to be notarized) and pay for the registration renewal with cash, or
  • Provide the renewal notice and cash (which implies authorization) or
  • Provide a check written by the registered owner, in the amount of the renewal plus a subagent fee.
  • Provide valid photo identification
  • This written authorization from the registered owner will be forwarded to King County Auto Licensing office.
  • If you are picking up for a business, you must have some proof connecting you to the company for which you are picking up.

Can I pay with a credit card?

Yes, the link Online Internet Renewals, takes you to the Department of Licensing website, where you can pay with your credit card and choose the option to pick up at our location or have our office mail out your new tabs. This method is allowed because you are paying the state directly.

DOL currently allows payment by check, cash, and all major credit cards at our sub-agency office. There is a state-wide standardized fee for debit and credit card use.