Disabled Placards

There is no fee for a disabled placard. Disabled placards come in either a red temporary placard (valid for 1 month-1 year), or a blue permanent placard (valid for 5 years). In order to receive a disabled placard you will need:

  • A disabled placard application. This can be found on the dol.wa.gov website, our office, or in some cases, a doctor’s office.
  • A prescription signed and dated by the doctor. (the doctor’s office letterhead will suffice for the prescription slip)
  • Alternatively, if the doctor has the application printed on prescription paper that works for both documents.