Vessel Licensing

Tab Renewals (Registration)

All Vessel registrations renew from July 1st of the current year to June 30th of the following year.

What do I need to renew my tabs?

  • We will need your vessel WN number or Hull number to access your account. It would be helpful if you have your Vessel Renewal Notice on hand.
  • If you are not the registered owner, then you will need the renewal card, (which implies authorization) or a note of authorization from the registered owner.
  • Valid photo ID

Purchased a new or used Vessel?

Vessels used on Washington waters are registered. If you purchase your vessel from a Washington dealer, the dealer will transfer the title for you.

If you purchase your vessel from a private party, you will need to transfer the title yourself. Depending on the length, use, and power of the vessel, you might not need to title the vessel at all. Please call with any questions.

What will I need?

  • The title properly released
  • Documentation of the purchase price
  • Certain specialty cases may require additional documents.
  • If a boat and trailer are being sold together, be sure you have a title for each. (some out-of-state exceptions apply)
  • Valid photo ID
  • Cash, check or money order (No additional fees)
  • We accept all major credit cards and debit cards. (Additional fees apply)