Tab Renewals (Registration)
What do I need to renew my tabs?
- We will need your vehicle plate number or VIN number to access your vehicle account. It would be helpful if you have your Vehicle Renewal Notice on hand.
- If you are not the registered owner, but share the same last name or address on your valid driver’s license, then you can pick up the registered owner’s tabs. If not, then you will need a signed note of authorization from the registered owner along with their driver’s license number.
- Photo ID
- If you are picking up for a business, you must have some proof connecting you to the company for which you are picking up.
Do you need an emissions test?
- Beginning in January 2020, emissions testing will no longer be required in the State of Washington.
Purchased a new or used vehicle?
- All vehicles that will be used on public roads within the State of Washington must be licensed. If you purchase your car, truck, camper, motor home or other vehicle from a Washington dealer, the dealer will transfer the title for you.
- If you purchase your vehicle from a private party, you will need to transfer the title yourself.
What will I need?
- The title properly released
- Documentation of the purchase price
- Federal odometer statement on vehicles less than 10 years old
- Certain specialty cases, such as a leased vehicle, may require additional documents. Please call with questions.
- You and anyone else who wants to be on the title, needs to be present and will need a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Cash, check or money order (No additional fees)
- We accept all major credit cards and debit cards. (Additional fees apply)
PLEASE NOTE: Washington-titled vehicles must be registered within fifteen (15) days after purchase date to avoid penalty fees. A $25 penalty is charged on the 16th day with an additional $2.00 charge each day thereafter until a maximum amount of $125 penalty is reached.